- About Us
- Groups & Branches
- Members Area
- Professional Registration
|Professional Marine Navigation Group|
Groups and Branches
Professional Marine Navigation Group
The Professional Marine Navigation Group (PMNG) aims to provide a focal point for members involved with all aspects of the navigation of commercial seagoing vessels of all types from fishing vessels, ferries, offshore support vessels (OSVs), survey vessels and mega yachts to tankers, container ships, bulk carriers and cruise ships.
This includes navigators and watchkeepers on board ships, Masters, Ship operators and Managers, Pilots, Port operators, VTS service providers, industry experts and academics.
Click on the icon to the left to go straight to the members only Professional Marine Navigation Group page for access to the forum, blogs, directory, and more.
The aims of the group include:
• Providing information and news relating to navigation systems and marine navigation.
• Facilitate the sharing of best practices in marine navigation among members and the shipping and marine industries.
• Providing a forum for members to exchange knowledge and ideas, including feedback to academics and industry experts.
• Fostering relationships with other nautical, shipping and marine associations and organisations such as the Nautical Institute (NI), Honourable Company of Master Mariners (HCMM), Institute of Marine Engineering Science and Technology (IMAREST), UK and International Harbour Masters Associations (UKHMA), UK Maritime Pilots Association (UKMPA), exchange ideas, experience and insights on matters relating to marine navigation and marine traffic routeing.
• Use meetings, symposia, lectures, conferences and social media to disseminate ideas, provide networking opportunities and encourage interaction between members, industry, particularly suppliers of navigation systems, and appropriate authorities.
• To allow the Royal Institute of Navigation, as an established repository of academic and technical knowledge supported by operational experience to influence the future of Professional Marine Navigation and Safety at Sea.
Fairway is the Newsletter of the Small Craft Group (SCG) and the Professional Marine Navigation Group. Members can follow the link to access the latest edition and archive editions. The PMNG maintains close relationship with the SCG and both groups aim to share best practices, information and expert opinion to benefit all mariners and marine navigators whether professional or leisure orientated.
Click on the circles below to explore upcoming events...